Title: Ships In the Night (iTunes Session)
Artist: Mat Kearney
“Ships In the Night (feat. Ingrid Michaelson)” by Mat Kearney
Cheesecake-Stuffed Pumpkin Cupcakes
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 5 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Simmering water
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces and chilled
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 °. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar for 3 minutes. Beat in 1 egg white and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt. In another bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, granulated sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk in the flour mixture.
- Layer each muffin cup with some of the pumpkin batter, then the cream cheese mixture, then more of the batter. Bake until springy to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Using the electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, remaining 4 egg whites and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Fill a medium saucepan with enough simmering water to reach a depth of 1 inch; place the mixing bowl on top. Whisk the mixture until it registers 160 ° on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the bowl back to the mixer and beat at high speed until fluffy; lower the speed and beat to room temperature, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, then beat at high speed for 5 minutes. Beat in the remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Transfer the frosting to a pastry bag; pipe large rosettes on top of the cupcakes.
we all know two national anthems:
- our own
“My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on”
Lily’s Disneyland Surprise!
St. John Bosco (via eternallyadoring)
Why I Receive Communion on the Tongue
As a baby bird lifts its head for food, or as an infant seeks its mother’s milk, so we open our mouths. There is no action between the administration of the Eucharist by the priest and my reception of the very same. In this posture of helpless receptivity we conform our bodies to the authority of God, and to the reality that we are dependent on his action — manifested in the Church — for our salvation. We recognize by our bodies that the Eucharist is gift, pure gift.
I LOVE RILEY
best character in cinematic history literally
Leila. 18. Young and Catholic. Longing for adventure. Striving for holiness. Baylor University '17